Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 45 mins
- 100g Chinese five spices
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lamb chop
- 200g fine green beans
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together the five spices, wine, soy, chilli and olive oil. Add the lamb, turn to coat in the marinade and cover and chill for 12 hours to marinate, turning the lamb over halfway.
- Just before serving, cut the beans diagonally into 5cm lengths. Cook in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Lift the lamb from the marinade and spread out in 1 layer on a large, foil-lined baking tray. Grill, brushing with the marinade, for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden but still a bit pink in the middle. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on top of the lamb sesame seeds serves alongside, with the cooked beans.